Sunday, March 23, 2008

Preserving the talk-story tradition

By Senator J. Kalani English
3/22/2008 1:35:36 PM The Molokai Times

Aloha, and welcome to the first of what I hope will be a long series of weekly columns that will give me a chance to share views of what is happening with the Hawaii State Senate, the 6th Senatorial District, and the community of Moloka‘i. A warm mahalo nui to The Molokai Times for giving me this opportunity, and to the people of the Friendly Isle for their welcome.

One benefit of writing this column will be having a chance to maintain and enhance my personal connection with the people of Molokai. I have a large family on the island, and so I feel a deep aloha for the community, its people, and the special lifestyle they represent. Having experienced it myself, I know how vital it is to preserve Molokai’s unique spirit, and keep it the place we all love.

Serving as your Senator is a tremendous honor. My goal as a representative of our community has been to...

Read More...